Hi divas! It’s Friday (finally!) and time for another round of 5 Things Friday here at Divas Run for Bling. Since it is the beginning of a new month, I thought this week would be a good time for my April in Review and to set some goals for May. So here are 5 Things that Happened in April and 5 Goals for May.
5 Things that Happened in April
- Spring race season. I finished my spring race season by running two 5Ks on the same day (April 5th). I ran the Color Run Atlanta in the morning and the Glow Run Chattanooga in the evening. They were super fun and I got to run them with my sister who is just beginning her running journey. After those races, I took three weeks off of running.
- Return to running. After almost three weeks of not running, I finally returned to running on Boston Marathon Monday by running the We Stand With Boston Virtual 5K. I ran it in just under 45 minutes which wasn’t too shabby and a good starting point to improve my fitness.
- Cross training. One thing that I am trying to work on is adding some cross and strength training to my exercise regimen. This will not only keep me active on days I don’t run but also improve my overall fitness. I created the Baseball Strength & Cardio Workout and the Diva HIIT Workout as ways to accomplish this.
- Fall racing. While taking time off of running, I also focussed on what races I wanted to run this fall. While I am still trying to finalize plans, it appears I will be running 5-6 half marathons, including the Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Half as my final race of the year. I am super excited that my sister will be running her first ever half marathon in September with me at the Women’s Running Nashville Half. See my tips to choosing your next race.
- Spring weather. April had its ups and downs but the weather has finally started to feel like spring. Which is good because running outdoors rocks. Unfortunately this also means allergy season has started as well. Check out my tips for surviving allergy season.
5 Goals for May
- Workouts. Continue to run 4 days a week and do at least 2 days of strength and cross training to improve my base fitness level.
- Running intervals. I am starting my intervals at run 1:30/walk 1:00. I want to gradually increase the amount of time I am running so that I will be running 2 minutes/walk 1 minute by the end of the month.
- Count calories. After my latest doctor’s visit, I am really going to focus on losing some weight. I will keep a food diary every day so that I know what I am putting in my body.
- Blogging. I want to continue to post on the blog 5 days a week. I also want to focus on growing my newsletter subscribers (you can subscribe on the blog’s sidebar).
- Enjoy the weather. Above all else, I want to really enjoy the weather this month. Living in Tennessee, I realize that I won’t have but a few more weeks of being able to get outside in the afternoon/evenings after work. It will be summer and scorching hot before I know it.
Did you have anything super fun happen in April? What are some of your May goals?