Hello divas! I hope that your week has gone well and that you are excited for another fun filled weekend. It’s going to be a little hot (STILL) here in Tennessee but I am looking forward to some football (both college and pro) and relaxing a bit this weekend. So if you have been following me on social media recently, you know that I have had a bit of a rough summer. There has simply been no motivation at all for the most part to keep going on this journey to a healthy and fit life. Needless to say, I needed to get my mojo back so to speak. Which means I have been going back to the basics – getting my workouts in, eating healthy, not sitting around on the couch doing nothing all weekend. Particularly, I am trying to get back to my clean eating diet with the 21 Day Fix portion control containers. With all this in mind, I thought I would share some tips that I have learned along the way about both eating clean, whole foods and how they fit into a healthy diet.
- Eat more often. This is something that has helped me out – a lot. I am eating three meals a day with 2-3 snacks. This can help keep your metabolism working and ensure that you will not get hungry and be tempted to visit the vending machine.
- Avoid processed and refined foods. If you can’t pronounce an ingredient, it is probably not something you want in your body.
- Read the labels. You may be surprised what is in some of your favorite foods and just how big (or small) your portion size actually is. Odds are you are consuming more calories than you thought. You may also be surprised as to what ingredients are actually in your “healthy” foods. It’s important to keep yourself educated as to what is going into your body.
- Eat whole foods. This means consuming more fruits, veggies and whole wheat breads, grains and pastas.
- Drink lots of water. Lots of it. Sometimes I will eat when I really am just a bit thirsty. This helps to stay hydrated and to flush out the body.
- Eat breakfast every day. Try to eat within 1 hour of waking up. This will jump start your day and get your body up and going. Be sure to include protein.
- Cook at home. This allows you to not only know exactly what you are putting in your body but you can also prepare leftovers to take to work for lunch.
- Eat organic when possible. There are so many foods out there that pesticides and chemicals are used on, that eating organic is a good idea. This can get a little expensive, though.
- Eat healthy fats daily. Make sure you are getting those essential fatty acids in your diet.
- Eat lean protein sources. Avoid the fatty meats and stick to lean cuts. Chicken, Turkey, Venison (deer), white fish are good options.
[Tweet “Want to eat healthier? Here are my Top 10 Clean Eating Tips for a healthier diet #cleaneating #healthy”]
Do you try to eat clean? What are some tips that help you?
Have you been wanting to take the step to leading a fit and healthy lifestyle but have no idea where to start? I can help! Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form to work with me. I can help with everything from working with you for the perfect fitness program to fit your life to some assistance planning and preparing healthy meals to simply helping with motivation and accountability. Now is the time to make the positive changes in your life that you have been wanting to make!
Also, why you are here be sure to check out: