Hello divas! I hope that your week has gotten off to a great start. I am am back at work and on a more normal schedule today as the holidays are sadly over. Which means this week is all about recovering from said holidays and trying to get back into the swing of things. I had great time off but I am glad it is over and things are starting to return to normal. And with the start of a new year, this is a great time to evaluate how I am doing health and fitness wise. One way to do that is to detox and cleanse the body. Now I am not a big fan of detoxes in general, but there are ways to do it more naturally. So today I am sharing my 5 easy ways to detox your body naturally.
There are so many ways out there to detox your body. Juice cleanses, smoothie cleanses, fasting. The list goes on and on. While I am not saying that these cleanses are good or bad, I generally prefer to do things as naturally as possible. So here are a few ways that you can begin to rid your body of all the stuff weighing it down.
- Drink water. It seems like this seems to be the number one thing to do on just about all living healthy list. Water does so much for the body, including helping get rid of impurities and junk that we sometimes put in. Make sure you are staying hydrated so that your systems are running at optimum level. Add some lemon in your water as well. It helps promotes digestion.
- Limit caffeine. There is no need to completely give up caffeine. I know I can’t live without my coffee most mornings. But you should be mindful of how much you are taking in. Caffeine is fine in moderation but, when too much is taken in, can make you jittery, give you headaches, cause frequent urination which can lead to dehydration and can cause gastrointestinal problems – especially for those of us who work out regularly. One good way to limit your caffeine is to have a cup of green tea instead of your second cup of coffee or your afternoon soft drink. It has some caffeine to give you the jolt you are looking for but it also has antioxidants which your body needs.
- Exercise. Exercise is a fabulous way to detox. It encourages circulation, enhances digestion and reduces tension among many other benefits. You don’t need to have a lot of time available (see how to find time to workout), just enough time to get the bad stuff out of the body is to sweat it off. I am a big fan of my Beachbody On Demand. It allows me to stream thousands of my favorite workouts to any device. So no matter if I am in need of cardio, strength training, yoga, piyo, or dance, I have fabulous workouts at my fingertips. It’s kind of like Netflix for fitness :).
- Eat smart. Next, to both cleanse the body and once you are done, you will want to eat a healthy diet full of whole foods. I know it’s hard to give up some of the good stuff. I know I love my small bowl of ice cream in the evenings. But it is a good idea to limit the processed foods, white sugars, and foods high in saturated fat. Eat organic and/or local when possible as these foods typically have little to no pesticides and additives. For some healthy eating ideas, check out some of my easy healthy recipes. I also love my daily glass of Shakeology because it is filled with all the nutrients I need to get through the day (see my Skinny Strawberry Mocha Frappuccino, Snickerdoodle Protein Smoothie and my Morning Chocolate Pineapple Protein Shake recipes for some yummy ideas for your Shakeology). I even have stopped taking a multivitamin because of it! There is also the Shakeology Boosts which can help maintain a healthy diet even more. Whether you need some more Power Greens in your diet, a Natural Energy Boost to get through or started with your day or some extra Digestive Health help, these are a great way to both detox and maintain your healthy diet.
- Manage stress. Life can be stressful. Carrying around all that stress is not good for your health and not good for your body. It is important to learn how to manage that stress. Yoga, meditation, running and walking are all ways to release all the stress of the day.
Check out my 5 easy ways to naturally #detox to get back on track this new year #healthyClick To Tweet
Have you ever tried a cleanse or detox? What did you think? What are some ways that you detox your body after a period of overindulgence?
While you are here, be sure to check out: