Hello divas! I hope that you have had a wonderful week so far. It’s been quite warm here in Tennessee but otherwise pretty great. I have another race this weekend (this time back in Nashville) so I’m super excited to get this week over with lol. As you probably know if you have been reading the blog, I have been struggling through a bit of a training wall and lacking motivation to workout and stick to my healthy/clean eating. And one thing I have often struggled with lately is drinking enough water. It is so important for any healthy eating and fitness plan to stay hydrated. So today I am sharing 5 easy ways to drink more water.
Water is a very important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It helps your body maintain its balance and many of your internal systems working properly and is a great way to naturally detox your body. It helps control calories. There have been many times that I thought I was hungry but after drinking a tall glass of water, that hunger went away. Water can also energize your muscles and aid recovery after a workout. So here are just a few ways that I ensure I am drinking enough water every day.
- Keep your water bottle handy. I ALWAYS have a water bottle close by. This way I can sip water throughout the day and not wait till the end of the day to try to get it all in. Pick a water bottle you love to keep it fun. You can even decorate and personalize the water bottle to cater to your needs.
- Sip not gulp. It is daunting if you are trying to get all your water in only during meals or certain times of the day. Sipping throughout the day breaks it up so that it is more manageable. If you are drinking water with every meal and snack, it is quite easy to get your number of ounces in.
- Spice up your water. Drinking plain water can seem boring from time to time. So be sure to spice it up a bit with fruits, veggies and herbs. I love lemon water because I can get all the nutritional goodness of lemons while drinking my water. Cucumbers and mint is another of my faves that is refreshing and helps with the detox process.
- Eat your water. Another way to get your water in is to eat water rich foods such as cucumbers and melons. I love the summer because I can eat watermelon almost every day if I want and still stay hydrated.
- Drink water based beverages. You don’t have to just drink water to get your H2O in for the day. You can have hot or unsweetened iced tea as well. These are water based beverages that are a little different from plain water but still keep you hydrated.
[Tweet “Are you drinking enough water? Here are 5 easy ways to drink more water #healthy #stayhydrated #healthyliving”]
Do you drink enough water every day? How do you make sure you are drinking enough water?
While you are here, be sure to check out: