Five Things I Learned This Week Friday is back this week after last week’s special post of the New Year and New Goals Giveaway Bloghop. So without further ado, here is what I learned this week.
- Birthdays are different when you are an adult. So my birthday was this week and, like Christmas, I realized this year that birthdays are completely different for adults than for children. When I was a kid, I remember having big, sometimes elaborate parties with lost of presents. Now my mom takes me out to eat (yum) and I get money (shopping woohoo!). This year I did take a trip to the TN Aquarium here in Chattanooga which was fun.
- Birthdays are great – just not for your diet. Speaking of birthdays – the food. My birthday ended up be a multi day affair as my hubby took me out to my favorite restaurant (PF Changs) one night then my mom took me out to O’Charley’s on my birthday. The food was fabulous, but not conducive to counting calories. But I didn’t really care – did I mention the food was yummy?
- It is important to be aware of what you eat before a long run. Well the food was yummy until I attempted to go for a long run the day after my birthday. Needless to say, I didn’t make it too far down the street before I was feeling sick. I spent the next couple of days trying to detox my body and get it back to normal.
- My husband knows me well. My husband is the absolute best. He actually gave me a present to open (albeit in a target bag). He gave me a set of 7 lb. kettlebells knowing that I have been wanting to add some strength training into my exercise regimen.
- Kettlebells will kick your butt. So while I was trying to detox my body, I decided I would try out my brand new kettlebells. And ended up sore the following day. I love them because you can target multiple muscle groups in a little amount of time.