Another week is coming to an end which means it’s time for another installment of Five Things I Learned This Week Friday. So without further ado, here’s what I learned this week:
- I am not a morning person. So I got this bright idea that I was going to become a morning runner. It would allow me to have more time with the husband in the evenings and help prevent some of the excuses I tend to have after work in the evenings. It didn’t work so well. I slept through my alarm the first day and missed my run completely. Which leads me to….
- It’s really cold at 5:30 in the morning in Tennessee in November. I knew this in my head. I just didn’t realize how cold 35 degrees was until I was out on my road trying to run. So as I was running in the dark and the cold, it occurs to me that
- It is a good thing to be a planner. Luckily while I was running, I was not freezing. I had made the trip to the local athletic stores late last month with the purpose of buying a new pair of running gloves. They came in handy this week.
- Early running also means early bedtime. I figured out the second day of my morning running conversion that if I am going to get up at 5:30 to go for a run before work, I would also have to start going to bed earlier so that I get sufficient sleep. Thank goodness for the DVR so that I don’t miss any of my fave shows on tv.
- It is so worth it to be a morning runner. Once I finally got up on time and was dressed for the cold, dark run, it actually went pretty well. My pace wasn’t too far off that first morning and I had a whole bunch of extra energy throughout the day. Not to mention the fact that I was able to run errands and spend time with my husband that I would have spent running. I think I might just keep the morning run routine.