Hello divas! I hope that you have had a great week and I hope that the weather has much improved for most of you. It was a bit more seasonal here in Tennessee with was a welcome change over the arctic air last week. Needless to say winter is here to stay for a bit. Which means it also is the time of year for colds and the flu. I spend quite a bit of time outdoors training for my spring races so as you can imagine, I am no stranger to feeling under the weather. Today I am super excited to be working with Chloraseptic® to share how I keep my colds and sore throats from becoming a full blown illness and some tips to keep your immune system healthy all winter long.
With the arrival of cold and the flu season, runny noses and coughs also make an appearance to make throats raw and sore. Chloraseptic® is the # 1 sore throat relief brand that provides fast-acting relief for sore throats and mouth pain to help you get through your day. From lozenges that soothe nasal passages and suppress coughs, to sprays that target pain when and where it hurts, Chloraseptic® offers a broad portfolio of products based on your preferences and needs.
I am a big fan of Chloraseptic® and use it throughout the winter anytime my body starts to show symptoms of a cold. As a runner of half marathons, I can’t afford to be sidelined due to being sick when I should be training for my next race. When prepping for my time spent outdoors on a run, I make sure to pack all the essentials I will need on my run – including my bottle of Chloraseptic® spray to keep close by in case any symptoms arise. I especially love the new cherry flavor of Chloraseptic Spray® that I have recently received to try out. It gives me the same #1 pharmacist recommended brand for sore throat liquids/sprays to offer me targeted relief when I need it with a yummy cherry flavor.
Of course, in a perfect world I wouldn’t get sick to begin with. Ideally I would like to prevent my cold symptoms before they start. So today I also want to share some easy tips to help maintain a healthy immune system all winter long.
- Wash your hands often. According to Chloraseptic® Pharmacist Maria Mantione, washing your hands with soap and water is the best way to prevent the spread of the common cold. This will help prevent the spread of icky germs.
- Get enough sleep. Proper sleep is so important to staying healthy (see my tips to better sleep). A lack of sleep leaves your body tired which means it is more difficult to fight off the cold. You want your body working as it should to keep the cold bug away.
- Eat the right stuff. Eating a healthy and clean diet can do so much for the body – especially during cold and flu season. Getting the right amounts of fruits, veggies, healthy fats and proteins will not only keep your body running smoothly but also give you the added immunity boost of vitamin and minerals to fight off a cold.
- Workout. That’s right. Exercising regularly can go a long way of boosting your immune system. It doesn’t have to be strenuous either. Simply going for a walk every day may do the trick.
- Stress less. Finally, try to keep your stress level down. Like not getting enough sleep, being stressed out can run your body down and break down those defenses that it needs to fight off a cold. So meditate, relax or take a yoga class and just let the stress melt away.
[Tweet “Treat cold symptoms with @chlorasepticusa and some tips for a #healthy immune system #ad #ChlorasepticRelief“]
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.