Hello divas and happy Monday. I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are ready to start a new week. It is race week for me so this week will be filled with some maintenance workouts, resting and carbo-loading before my trip to Nashville on Friday.
Today I am reviewing Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 Protein Powder and sharing a fabulous smoothie recipe that I made with the powder. I received 2 free packets (chocolate and vanilla) to try out as part of my Sweatpink ambassadorship. The opinions expressed are my own. After trying out the vanilla powder in my Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins and the chocolate in the smoothie recipe at the end of this review, here are my thoughts on this powder.
- Water soluble. It is easy to mix with water. Just add to a shaker and mix.
- Great for baking. It also works really well with baking, cooking or just adding it to your yogurt or cereal.
- Complete, plant-based protein.
- Great nutrition content. Per 30 gram serving, HempPro70 contains 15 grams of protein and 3.4 grams of Omega 3 & 6.
- Good taste. Both of the flavors tasted really good.
- Limited flavors. At the moment, Manitoba Harvest only comes in Chocolate and Vanilla.
- Texture. The texture did not bother me in my baking, but it made my smoothie extra creamy. This may not be a big deal with everyone but for me it was a bit thick.
- Couldn’t try full flavor. I only received a packet of each flavor, worth about half a serving. It would have been nice to see what a full scoop of the protein powder tastes like.
If you would like to try out Manitoba Harvest Pro 70 Hemp Protein Powder for yourself, now is your chance. Simply use the code sweatpinkpro70 and receive 20% off your order.
So now that I have talked about the hemp protein powder, as I promised I will now share with you a fabulous smoothie recipe. Today I am sharing my Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie. I made this with the chocolate flavor of Manitoba Harvest Pro 70 Hemp Protein Powder, but you can use any chocolate protein powder you want.
[Tweet “@manitobaharvest protein powder review & Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie #recipe via @divasrunbling”]