Hello divas and happy Friday! And not just any Friday, but Friday of a 3-day holiday weekend. Needless to say I am super excited. I plan on chilling some, running some and heading to Atlanta to see my beloved Braves host my hubby’s fave team, the Red Sox. We are an odd couple when it comes to our sports teams. Be sure to follow on Twitter and Instagram Monday to see how the game goes.
Since it’s Friday, that means it’s time for another edition of 5 Things Friday here at Divas Run for Bling. I love this series every Friday when I can share 5 things on my mind. I also love linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at Your Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run for their Friday 5 Linkup.
This week’s theme is 5 Places I’d Like to Run. What a theme. There are so many places I’d like to run that I can’t get them down to 5! In 2013, I marked off Disney World and Disneyland. So far this year, I ran on the campus of my alma mater, around Atlanta Motor Speedway and in downtown Atlanta. But there are still places I want to run – some local, some not. So today I am sharing my 5 Places Want to Run (and plan to) before 2014 is done.
- The Strip, Las Vegas. The one place that I am most excited and most want to run is The Strip in Las Vegas. I have never been to Vegas so I am making a little bit of a racecation out of it and running the Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon. I can’t wait.
- Turner Field, Atlanta, GA. Okay I have run a couple of races at Turner Field before. But I love it since it is the home of my beloved Atlanta Braves. In June, I am going to run the Braves Country 5K and finish AT HOME PLATE. Which is uber cool for such a big fan as I am. And for a bit of irony, they are playing the Aneheim Angels that night. I ran through Angel Stadium during the Disneyland Half Marathon last year.
- 4 bridges in Chattanooga, TN. Ah. Home sweet home. I have run various parts of downtown Chattanooga (I live here after all). But I am doing the 4 Bridges Half Marathon in October and running 4 of the 7 major bridges of the Scenic City. It’s going to be quite pretty.
- Chickamauga Battlefield in Chickamauga, GA. One cool thing about living in Chattanooga is that there is history all around me. The Chickmauga Battlefield is one of my favorite places to visits. I have a thing for military history. I can’t wait for November when I get to run the Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon through the military park.
- Savannah, GA. Growing up, my family and I would visit Savannah, GA every few years or so. It’s just a gorgeous city and one of my favorites to visit to this day. While I am not racing there this year (I still want to do the Rock n’ Roll Savannah Half at some point), I am attending the Fitbloggin’ conference there in June and look forward to getting up early in the mornings and going for a nice run around the historic district.
What are some of the places you want to run?