Hello divas! I hope that your week has been going well so far. As you probably know by now, I am working this year to improve my eating habits. I am far from being any kind of expert and am still learning the importance of eating whole, real foods every day (the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan has helped). Essentially, it is all about eating clean and limiting the processed stuff in my diet. But one thing I have learned while doing this has been the need to plan your meals. It is so important to save both your money and your sanity when trying to eat a healthy diet.
I have always struggled with planning my meals. I mean it takes time that I don’t always have to figure out what I am going to eat throughout the week and make a list to purchase those items. Meal planning has always been on of those things that I know I should do, but just never sat down to actually do it. But it is so important to save both your money and your sanity when trying to eat a healthy diet. So today I am sharing 5 Reasons to Plan Your Meals.
- Saves money. One of the biggest differences I have found since planning my meals is with my budget. I am now spending around $100 less a month than before. The reason is that I am only buying the ingredients I need to prepare the meals for the week. Many of my favorite healthy recipes call for the same items, so I have been able to buy some of these in bulk. This also cuts back on the food waste.
- Saves time. It seems a bit counterintuitive but, meal planning has saved me so much time. I know what I am cooking for dinner so I don’t waste any time trying to decide what I want to fix. I also know what I will need to defrost or set out beforehand so that I can do it before I leave for work in the morning. Everything is ready to me to prepare when I arrive home.
- Leftovers. With saving money and time, meal planning also saves food. I am able to prepare recipes that will leave leftovers for later in the week or lunch the next day. There are is no food that is wasted or thrown away.
- Promotes healthy eating. Besides saving money and time, the main reason I wanted to start planning my meals is to eat healthier. Since I am spending time making a plan each week, I can make sure that the food I make is healthy and as clean as possible. This helps with my calorie and nutrient tracking and keeps me from driving through the fast food drive-thru on the way home from work.
- Variety. I have tried to make meal planning fun. If you check out my Pinterest boards, you will see a plethora of different recipes that I want to try or have made my own. This is an excuse to try something new every night of the week if I want. It also ensures that I am not eating the same thing over and over. I don’t know about you but I can only take so much pasta or chicken.
[Tweet “Do you meal plan? Check out these 5 reasons to plan your meals.”]
If you would like to learn more about the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan, meal planning and prepping or getting fit in the new year, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to work with you to reach your health and nutrition goals. I also lead a private Facebook group where we focus on planning and prepping to eat a healthier diet. If you would like more information, just let me know!
Do you plan your meals? What have you learned from doing so?
While you are here, also be sure to check out: