As with the Five Things I Learned This Week Friday segments, I am beginning a new segment on Mondays, The Weekly Report. This will be a summary of all that happened the previous week as well as my goals for the upcoming week. So without further ado, here is a recap of the last week here at Divas Run For Bling:
- I signed up for the 14 in 2014 races at one of my fave blogs, JillConyers.com. I am pledging to run 14 races at the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon distances during the 2014 calendar year. It’s going to be great fun.
- I bought a new pair of earbuds finally. I chose the Yurbuds Focus for Women in hot pink. They are fabulous and you can view my full review here.
- I started the Five Things I Learned this Week segment on the blog. You can view the first installment here.
- I officially signed up for The Duck Dash 5K in Atlanta on Dec. 21st. The best part of this race is that my non-running aunt and cousin are joining me for their first ever 5K.
- My training for the week was a bit slow. I only logged 6.2 miles. However, I did manage to do a 5K distance (3.1 miles) in under 14 minutes/mile for the first time ever. So there was improvement made.
Goals for this week:
- Begin my training plan for the GA Publix Half Marathon in March. I have decided to use the Digital Running Club’s Beginner Half Marathon Plan which will have me running 12 miles this first week.
- Roll and stretch my calves and feet daily. I am still recovering my my plantar issues from the summer. So far, rolling my foot with a frozen water bottle immediately after a run has helped immensely with the pain and inflammation. I will continue to stretch and strengthen my calves and feet as well.
- Cook at home 6 days this week. I am trying out all kinds of new recipes and trying to cook at home more often. Hopefully, this will lead to healthier meals (and less calories too!)