Time for my weekly report again. I had a busy week with Thanksgiving and all the family events so some of my goals were a little short for last week. But here is the rundown for the happenings of last week:
- Running: I again fell short of my mileage total with only running about 9 miles. I have to say the holiday really threw me off a bit. But I got 4 days in so I am staying consistent with the number of days I have been running.
- Runner’s World Holiday Streak: With the Thanksgiving holiday came the Holiday Streak. I decided to take up the challenge this year of running at least 1 mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. While my “run” on Thanksgiving was actually a half mile or so walk with the dog, I did get my miles in on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to start the streak.
- Thanksgiving: I had a blast with two sets of family on Thanksgiving, but really hated the driving. We spent quite a bit of time on the interstate going from one family to another. I ended up with a hangover of sorts on Friday. I did manage not to kill my diet too very badly which was a good thing. Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to move into the hustle and bustle of Christmas.
- Elf for health: I successfully completed all of the challenges of the first week of the Elf for Health challenge this week. For a review, these challenges were
Monday – Meatless Monday: My meals included oatmeal, potato soup and pasta with homemade marinara sauce. Yum.
Saturday – Treat yourself: I bought a new pink running hoodie from Swirlgear. I love their shirts and hoodies and pink is my favorite color.
Sunday – 100 Burpees. And boy did those hurt.
Goals for the Upcoming Week:
- RW Holiday Streak: I will run at least 2 miles every day this week to continue my running streak.
- Mileage: I want to get my 13 miles in to get back on track with my training. Luckily it’s early in the process so I’m not that far behind. With me running every day, this should be a piece of cake as long as I am smart and don’t hurt myself.
- Elf For Health: Complete the challenges for this week.
- Monday: Write a handwritten note.
- Tuesday: Eat the rainbow.
- Wednesday: Go makeup free.
- Thursday: Workout with a buddy.
- Friday: Leave an Operation Beautiful note.
- Saturday: Clean out the fridge and pantry.
- Sunday: Make a list of 20 things you are grateful for.