Hello divas! I hope that all is going well with you so far this New Year’s week. I am excited that it is a short work week that’s for sure. It is Tuesday here at Divas Run for Bling which means it is time for another edition of Tuesdays on the Run where I share a running related post and link up with the ladies at Run the Great Wide World Somewhere, My No Guilt Life and MCM Mama Runs. Since 2015 is just a few days away, I thought it would be fun to recap my year in running and count down my top 10 running moments of 2014.
It was a fabulous year in running for me. I had such a great time running a total of 7 half marathons, a 15K, 7 official 5Ks and 3 virtual 5Ks. I ran both alone and with friends and family. I traveled and earned my 5th state of running a half marathon. I had a blast doing it. So let the countdown begin.
10. All That Bling. One of the best things about doing so many races (besides the whole getting healthy and in shape part) is the bling. Between all my races, I earned a whopping 13 medals to my collection this year. I guess you could say I am blinged out.
9. Sports Fan Central. Two of my fave 5Ks were the Braves Country 5K and the Rise Up and Run 5K. I am such a huge sports fan that it was cool to run races where I finished in my favorite baseball and football stadiums of my favorite professional teams.
8. Run Like a Diva. Since the name of this blog is Divas Run for Bling, I figured it was only natural that I run the Divas Half Marathon this year. I dressed up in a tutu and even convinced my bestie Chris to run it with me (he usually leaves me WAY behind as he is much faster).
7. Two 5Ks in the Same Day. Somehow along the way, I ended up scheduling two 5Ks in the same day with my sister. We started the day at the Color Run Atlanta with my bestie Chris and his roomie T then drove back to Chattanooga (my home) to run the Glow Run 5K with her hubby and my hubby.
6. First Sponsored Races. Divas Run for Bling is only a little over a year old so it was super fun when I got my first 2 “sponsored” races this year. I was given a free entry into The Color Run Atlanta and the Women’s Running Half Marathon in Nashville in return for blog posts about the races. And I loved both of them.
5. Running My Alma Mater. In March I got to run a half marathon at my Alma Mater, the Berry College Half Marathon in Rome, GA. I was lucky enough to attend such a beautiful campus for 4 years and loved running through it.
4. Total Fangirl Moments. I had not 1 but 2 total fangirl moments this year. I got to meet Jeff Galloway while at Fitbloggin back in June. This was so awesome since it was his training plans and run/walk method that got me into running in the first place. Then in November, I got to meet Meb while at the Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Expo. So totally awesome.
3. Half Fanatics. In March, I ran 2 half marathons in the same week (Publix GA Half and the Berry College Half) to qualify for the Half Fanatics. I am hoping to moon up this year by running 2 halfs in 2 days.
2. New PR. October found me in the middle of a busy fall racing season and getting the chance to run in my hometown (Chattanooga, TN) at the 4 Bridges Half Marathon. Oh and I set a new PR in the race – by 20 minutes.
1. Viva Las Vegas. The highlight of year was my final half marathon when my hubby and I ran the Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon. I had never been to Vegas and was super excited to see the strip at night. There was no PR and it was super crowded but probably one of the most fun races I have ever done.
[Tweet “It was a fabulous year for #running. Check out my top 10 running moments of 2014 “]
What were some of your favorite moments of 2014?