Hello divas! I hope everyone has had a fabulous week. It’s Monday again which means another chance to recap the goings on here at Divas Run for Bling this past week and set a few goals for next week.
The Weekly Report April 14, 2014
Race Recaps. My spring racing season ended last week and, with the exception of a few shorter local races, I won’t be racing again until the fall. This week I posted the recaps for The Color Run Atlanta 5K and The Glow Run 5K Chattanooga.
Spring weather. Spring has finally sprung here in Tennessee. I was so excited to get all my shorts, tanks, short sleeve shirts and sandals out of the back of the closet. Unfortunately, I also rediscovered that I was blessed/cursed with seasonal allergies. Ugh. Check out my 5 Tips for a Runner to Survive Allergy Season to see how I am dealing with the issue.
Workouts. I will be honest and say I got a bit lazy this week. I did spend a little bit of time outside, but it was mostly to walk the dog. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things next week.
Planning for Fall. With the spring racing season behind me, it is time to start planning for fall. I will be running several shorter distance races throughout the summer which I am pretty thrilled about. But this fall, I am planning on 5 half marathons – 4 of which will be over the course of 5 weeks. Whew. It’s going to be hard work but pretty fun I think. Most of them are close by, but the last race of the season will find me making my very first trip to the desert – the Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon. Here is how my fall halfs schedule is looking:
- Divas Half Marathon: Peachtree City (Atlanta), GA – 9/6/14
- 4 Bridges Half Marathon: Chattanooga, TN – 10/20/14
- Dalton Red Carpet Capital Half Marathon: Dalton, GA 10/26/14
- Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon: Chickamauga, GA – 11/9/14
- Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon: Las Vegas, NV – 11/16/14
Goals for next week
- Workouts. I plan on getting back into the swing of things workout wise this week. I want to really work hard on getting a good fitness base before I start training for my busy fall racing season. I will be starting off with 10 miles running this week and at least 2 days of strength training.
- Nutrition. I am also wanting to refocus my efforts on my nutrition and weight loss this week. I plan on tracking my calories every day this week to see where I might be able to improve.