Welcome to another installment of 5 Things I Learned This Week Friday. While there were no major holidays this week, it was still quite busy.
- The holidays have arrived. With Thanksgiving passing last week, the Christmas season has arrived. With that comes all the shopping, decorating, and parties (I’ve had 2 this week already). One week down, three to go…
- It’s hard to decorate with fur children. So we’ve begun with the house decorating for Christmas. So far I’ve managed the mantle, the advent wreath and the big Christmas tree. Which was rather difficult with one cat trying to climb it and one cat and the dog trying to play with the ornaments. It was rather entertaining.
- Mother Nature must be having hormonal issues. I mean seriously, what is up with the weather? Here in TN, it was cold over the weekend then over 70 yesterday. Today will be in the low 60s and rainy only to have a high in the low 40s tomorrow. I never know how to dress these days. But it keeps life interesting 🙂
- Doing a run streak takes dedication. There were a few times this week that I just wanted to not continue my running streak. It’s hard to get up at 5:30am to run. But I persevered. Well, okay, a couple of times I power walked a mile instead of running. But I did run or walk at least one mile every day this week so the streak continues.
- I eat a fairly healthy diet. I’ve been doing the Elf for Health challenge and it’s been great fun. This week, I had to eat the rainbow one day. I was dreading it because it happened to be on a day when I had a Christmas luncheon at work. The challenge ended up being quite easy and fun. It made me realize that I am not doing quite as bad as I thought.