Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Body Armor Super Drink. I received free product for the purpose of this review. My opinions are my own. Hello divas and happy Monday! It is time to start another (hopefully) fabulous week here at Divas Run for Bling. There are some great posts coming your way this week so I hope that you stay tuned. I was recently contacted by Body Armor to try out their sports drink in my workouts and review it. As I am in the middle of my fall racing schedule and training, this was the perfect time to try these drinks out. I was sent a bottle of each of the 6 flavors to try and went to work drinking each one during my long runs, after workouts and sometimes just during the day. There were both pros and cons for these drinks. Pros
- Electrolytes. These drinks have a total of 740mg of electrolytes to keep you hydrated. There are 600mg of Potassium in that blend.
- Vitamins. Body Armor also contains 200% RDI of Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12. There is also 100% RDI of Vitamins A, C, and E.
- Coconut water. I love that the drink is made with coconut water. This makes it a little more natural than some of the sports drinks out there. The drinks are also made with natural flavors and sweeteners which is nice.
- Great taste. There are 6 flavors of Body Armor and all of them are quite yummy. I especially liked the mixed berry & orange mango flavors.
- Lower calories. There are only 70 calories per serving in Body Armor. While this is not exactly low-calorie, it is fewer calories than many sports drinks out there.
- Gluten-free, Caffeine free, no preservatives, nut free. That’s right. There is no caffeine, preservatives, gluten or nuts in these drinks.
- High in sugar. There are very few cons that I had with Body Armor. The biggest issue I had was that it contained 18 g sugars. While this isn’t that big a deal when I am out on a long run, that is still quite a bit of sugars, natural or not.
- Where to buy. The other issue I have with Body Armor is that it is simply not in that many stores. I was able to look up where to buy it online and there are no stores in my area that sell Body Armor. I am able to order online, however.
Overall, I really liked this product. As I stated earlier, I drank it in a variety of ways and managed to stay hydrated all day long. Be sure to check it out if you get a chance. [Tweet “Upgrade your sports drink with @drinkbodyarmor Super Drink via @divasrunbling”]