Hello divas and happy Friday! The weekend is almost here and I, for one, am thrilled to have a nice, relaxing one planned. But today is Friday here at Divas Run for Bling which means it is time for another edition of 5 Things Friday when I share 5 Things and link up with the ladies at Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up for What. This week’s theme is Friday Favorites so I am keeping with the holiday spirit and sharing my 5 Favorite Christmas Movies.
I love movies – I always have. When it comes to Christmas, I have always loved nothing more than curling up on the couch (or decorating the tree) while watching those holiday favorites. Some are newer movies and some are the same movies my mom watched when she was a kid and passed down to my sisters and myself. But they are all fabulous.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. This is hands down my absolute favorite Christmas movie. It is always the first blu-ray I dig out every year while I am putting up the Christmas decorations. I spend the entire movie laughing out loud at the antics of the characters. I think because at times, my family is just like those in the movie.
- The Muppets Christmas Carol. I have always like A Christmas Carol and I have seen many versions of the story. My favorite, however, is the muppets version. I have a soft spot for Rizzo the Rat, Gonzo, Kermit, Miss Piggy and all the rest. Oh and Michael Caine as Scrooge is awesome.
- Elf. My Christmas movie watching would not be complete without Buddy the Elf. Will Farrell just makes me giggle no matter what movie (or SNL) he is in, but this is probably my favorite role of his. It’s such a happy movie that always makes me smile.
- Miracle on 34th Street. I believe in Santa Claus. And every time I watch this movie (I love both the original version and the 1995 version), it makes me want to believe all over again.
- The Year Without a Santa Claus. Lastly, a Christmas movie list would not be complete without at least one of the many claymation movies of the 50s, 60s and 70s. This one has always been my favorite of them. I think it is the Mickey Rooney as Santa and the Heat Mizer/Snow Mizer scenes. I love them.
[Tweet “What are your favorite Christmas movies? Check out mine via @divasrunbling”]
What are your favorite Christmas movies?