Hello divas! I hope that your weekend has been fabulous and restful. Mine has been pretty good if I do say so myself. I spent it all at home relaxing which was much needed after the past few weeks.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I just have a hard time staying focus and awake. It is like my energy has been zapped. When I get low on energy, I love taking a nice power nap.
There is just something about being able to stop what you are doing, take a break and sleep for a few minutes. It’s a chance to recharge and recoup from a busy and stressful day. But there are also very nice health benefits as well. So today I am sharing some more healthy living tips and some health benefits of napping.
So I was sitting at the computer this weekend wondering what I was going to post about today when I looked over to see my adorable dog Dixie snoozing away. Oh to have the life of a dog. If you remember awhile back, I posted my healthy living tips from the dog and cat. One thing thing that both my cats and the dog have in common is that they LOVE to nap. I mean really. They must sleep like 16 hours a day. Which got me to thinking about the art of napping and why it is important – even for busy adults.
- Napping improves alertness and focus. Sometimes just taking a short nap break can improve your focus and alertness. I can tell you from experience that staring at a computer screen to the point that words get blurry and you can’t keep your eyes open is not the time when you will do your best work. Taking a short nap will allow you to come back with renewed alertness and focus on the task at hand.
- Napping boosts productivity. Much like improving your alertness and focus, a nap will also boost your productivity. It is very hard to stay productive when you are dragging and tired. A quick nap in the middle of your day will allow you to wake refreshed and ready to finish that to-do list.
- Napping increases creativity. Sometimes ideas just seem to run together. Taking a nap can help clear your head and allow your creativity to flow.
- Napping zaps stress and improves mood. When we are stressed, we become anxious, irritable, overwhelmed and easily distracted. Which usually puts me in a horrible mood. Taking a nap allows that stress to dissipate and renew your mood and symptoms.
- Napping reduces fatigue. In a world where adults are sleep deprived and overworked, a nap can go a long way to reduce fatigue. You will wake from the nap feeling rested and rejuvenated.
Love to #nap? Here are 5 health benefits of #napping #healthyliving when running low on energyClick To Tweet