Hello divas! I can’t believe that April is already here. It seems like yesterday that I was writing a wrap-up for February and setting some goals for March.
March was a pretty successful month. My training lagged a bit but I did complete some races. Lent also started and with that, my trying to eat clean. This has led to some fabulous new recipes. So here is what my March 2014 looked like.
March in Review
- Races. The month started slowly, but I completed 2 half marathons at the end of the month – the Publix GA Half in Atlanta and the Berry College Half in Rome, GA. They were both slow as I walked most of them. But I crossed the finish line and earned some new bling. Be sure to check out my Publix Half expo recap and race recap and my Berry Half race recap.
- Half fanatics. I completed both these races above in the same week. This was enough to complete one of my goals for 2014 – to qualify for the Half Fanatics. I am now Half Fanatic #6975.
- Foodie pen pal. I also completed in the Foodie Pen Pal program sponsored by The Lean Green Bean. Basically, you sign up and are given a pen pal that you then go shopping for. You have $15 to spend on food. See my post on what my pen pal sent me this month.
- Clean eating. I have been trying to eat clean throughout the Lent season. This has produced some really yummy recipes. Be sure to try my Banana Chia Pudding, Chunky Monkey Overnight Quinoa & Rolled Oats, Clean Eating Veggie and Egg Casserole, and Clean Eating Crockpot Chicken Casserole.
- I’m Fit Possible Blog Swap. Earlier this month, the I’m Fit Possible ambassadors participated in a blog swap. I was matched up with Denise at Healthy Disney Family. Check out her post on tips to prepare for a RunDisney race.
- Holidays. There were 2 holidays during March and I shared some great recipes to celebrate. I shared my Crockpot Jambalaya recipe to celebrate Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras and my Shamrock Mint Green Smoothie to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- In case you missed it. There were a few popular posts this month that can’t be missed. My dog Dixie inspired me to share 5 Healthy Living Tips from the Dog. Also, I shared my March Madness Strength Training Workout as a way to stay in shape while watching March Madness. With Lent starting, I shared 10 Tips for Clean Eating. Lastly, I reviewed the RooSport Pocket and gave away a pocket to one lucky winner.
Goals for April
- I will be running a couple of shorter, 5K races on April 5th – The Color Run Atlanta and Glow Run 5K Chattanooga. These are un-timed and I will be running with my sister who has never done a race before. So I just want to have fun and help her enjoy the experience.
- After my 2 half marathons in March, I plan on spending April easing off mileage a bit and focussing on my overall fitness. I plan to run 10-15 miles a week and do some strength and cross training.
- I want to continue to eat clean even after Easter is over. It has been easier than I thought it would be and I have loved trying the new food and recipes along the way.
I love hearing about what is going on with my readers. Have you set any goals for April? What are they?