Hello divas! It’s the start of another week here at Divas Run for Bling. I hope your week last week was fabulous. Mine was a little on the slower side. I will be honest that my workouts last week were pretty much non-existent. My nutrition was hit or miss a lot of the week and I stayed close to home over the weekend. I guess this is what happens in between the spring and fall racing seasons :).
In stead of the typical Weekly Report this week, I am going to share my Month in Review for May 2014. The month was much slower than April was since I did not do any racing, but there were some fabulous moments. I am also sharing my goals for June.
This Month in Review for May 2014
Memorial Day. Over the Memorial Day holiday, my hubby and I went to see the Boston Red Sox (his team) take on the Atlanta Braves (my team). Unfortunately, the Sox won but it was so much fun. Even if we were the odd couple around Turner Field.
Summer weather. May also brought along summer-type weather (finally). This means the tank tops, shorts and running skirts came out of the closet and all my winter running gear has been packed up. It also means that I have been transitioning to morning runs as opposed to the evening runs to avoid some of the heat and humidity that inevitably occurs in Tennessee in the summer.
Race schedule. With the end of the spring race season, I have begun to get registered and plan my fall races. Hopefully, there will be 5 half marathons along with a few 5Ks and 10Ks thrown in. It will be busy but there are some great races to be run. See the 5 Places I Want (and Plan) to Run in 2014.
Fitness training. Since I didn’t run any races in May, I was able to evaluate where I stand following my spring races. One thing that I want to work on over the summer is my overall fitness level. I plan on improving this throughout June and adding mileage starting in July to train for my first half in September. Check out my reasons you need a training plan and the Diva Fitness Training Plan.
Most popular pages for May:
- 5 Benefits for Using the Run/Walk Method
- 5 Tips to Survive the Summer Heat
- 5 Ways to Make Morning Runs Rock
- 5 Reasons to Plan Your Meals
- 7 Tips to Spring Clean Your Diet
Goals for June
- Workouts. I plan to continue to improve my overall fitness level in June. I will run at least 4 days a week, three of those followed by a short weight training workout after the run. I will cross-train at least 1 (hopefully) 2 other days. This could include HIIT, Circuit Training, Walking or Yoga.
- Nutrition. I really want to focus on my nutrition this month. I am giving up fast food for the month of June in hopes to jump start my metabolism a bit. I want to take advantage of all the fresh fruits and veggies that are growing here in Tennessee. Of course, I will be eating as clean as possible and will be sharing some fun new recipes with my readers.
- Fit Bloggin’. At the end of the month, I will be attending my first ever blogging conference, Fit Bloggin’. It will take place in one of my favorite cities to visit, Savannah, GA. I am so excited and can’t wait to share what I learn on the blog.
- Braves Country 5K. The only race on the schedule is the Braves Country 5K. My sister is going to run it with me which will make it all the more fun. I am hoping to break 40 minutes for it and will share all the fun photos here on the blog as well as on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Do you have any fun plans for June?
[Tweet “This Month in Review May 2014 and June goals http://wp.me/p497xD-n0 via @divasrunbling”]