Hello divas and happy hump day! It is the middle of another week and I hope that all is going well. So far this week hasn’t been too bad for me but it’s not over yet. Today is Workout Wednesday here at Divas Run for Bling which means it is time for another workout roundup and to set some goals for next week.
Workout Wednesday Roundup September 17
Workouts. My workouts this week went fairly well. I ran 3 days and did 4 of the 6 Focus T25 workouts. I didn’t do my planned 8 miles long run (instead ran about 6) so my mileage is still a little low for being 1.5 weeks out of my next half marathon. However, one change I made was with my run/walk ratio. I am now running 30 seconds/walking 30 seconds. It drives me crazy for the first mile or so but in the end I am quite a bit faster so I think I will stick to it for now. I shaved a full minute/mile off of my short run time the first time I ran this particular ratio. Here is how my workouts went this week:
- Wednesday – off
- Thursday – off
- Friday – Focus T25 Beta Cardio
- Saturday – ran 2 miles & Focus T25 Rippd Circuit
- Sunday – ran 2 miles, walked dog 1 mile & Focus T25 Speed 2.0
- Monday – ran 6 miles
- Tuesday – off
Nutrition. I failed at the whole tracking my food thing. I also had a few days where my nutrition was less than desirable. We had a family get together and another day where another family member took me out for dinner. However, the rest of the week went pretty well and I lost almost 3 lbs.
Blog News. In other news, I have made a few changes in my blog subscriptions. First of all, I have moved my RSS feed over to Mad Mimi. This has allowed me to be able to customize the emails that are sent with the latest blog post. If you would like to get the latest blog post from Divas Run for Bling in your inbox, you can sign up via the bar at the top of the page or visit the sign-up page.
The next change I made was relaunching my weekly newsletter, The Divas Digest. Each week I will send out an email sharing some healthy and fitness news & tips I read throughout the week, my most popular pins, some photo highlights (from Instagram), a healthy recipe and links to any blog posts you may have missed. I am hoping in the future to also be able to share any special deals from some of my affiliates and partnerships. Feel free to check out the first newsletter from the relaunch and sign up if you have not already done so.
This is the week before my next half marathon so my goals reflect that.
- Running – I will run 4 days this week. My 3 short runs will be increased to 3 miles now that the weather has cooled off enough for me to run in the evenings. My long run will be somewhere between 8 & 10 miles. All of these will use my new run/walk ratio of 30 seconds/30 seconds.
- Workouts. I will complete week 4 of the beta cycle of Focus T25. I am almost done 🙂
- Nutrition. I will continue to try to eat healthy and limit my going out to eat. By the end of the week, I will begin fueling for my race. I would love to lose another 1-2 lbs. this week.
How was your week? Did you reach all of your goals?
[Tweet “Check out my weekly workout roundup via @divasrunbling”]