Hello divas and happy Friday! I don’t know about you but I am so glad that this week is almost over and the weekend is upon us. I am looking forward to some fitness and some relaxation this week. It’s the end of another week which means it is also time for another edition of 5 things Friday here at Divas Run for Bling.
Each week I add my 5 Things Friday post to the Friday 5 link-up with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What and Mar on the Run. They share a theme each week which I sometimes use and sometimes don’t. This week’s theme is 5 Race memories and I am super excited to share mine with my readers.
I started running about 2 years ago now and quickly fell in love with half marathons. Though I am still not fast, I have so much fun at the races that it doesn’t matter. And the bling doesn’t hurt. So with this “anniversary” in mind, today I am sharing my top 5 race memories – so far.
5. Princess Heather. I was super excited in February of 2013 to travel to what I lovingly call my “second home” – DisneyWorld to run in my first RunDisney race, The 2013 Princess Half Marathon. It was such a great experience with all the characters, running through Cinderella’s castle and the race bib with my name (Princess Heather) on it. You can check out the recap at my old family blog.
4. Braves 5K 2014. This race was just a couple of months ago and was one of my racing highlights. Not because I was super fast or set a PR, but because I am a HUGE Atlanta Braves fan and got to finish inside Turner Field. And I got to run it with my sister so it was even more fun. Be sure to check out my recap.
3. Nashville Half 2012. This was my first ever half marathon. I can honestly say that I never thought I would say that I run half marathons. I mean running 13.1 miles at 1 time is just nuts. This race has a soft spot in my heart because it was the first one. I even cried at the finish line 🙂 See my look back at the race.
2. Dumbo Double Dare. So last Labor Day weekend my best friend and I decided to take a trip cross country (without my hubby) to attempt the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland. This involved running the 10K on Saturday morning and the half marathon on Sunday. The weekend was such a blast with lots of characters, running through Angel baseball stadium and 4 medals (one for each race, one for the challenge and my coast to coast medal). It was also the races where I realized just how far I had come. I walked pretty much both races as I was dealing with a nagging plantar fasciitis injury. But I crossed the finish line for both races and never felt better. Oh and it was my first time to California which was super fun. See the full weekend recap.
1. Half Fanatic. My absolute top memory so far was finishing the Berry College Half Marathon just this past March. It was fabulous as I received my undergraduate degree from Berry. The campus is absolutely stunning and this race qualified me for the Half Fanatics (I ran 2 half marathons in 6 days). It didn’t matter that I walked most of the race – I just had more time to enjoy the experience. Check out my recap.
[Tweet “Check out my Top 5 Race Memories – so far 🙂 via @divasrunbling”]
What is your favorite race memory?