Welcome to Thanksgiving week. If yours is anything like mine, I’m sure it will be extremely busy. Before all the hoopla gets started, I want to share the happenings in my life this week.
Training – My training for the GA Publix Half Marathon in Atlanta in March began this week. While I was very happy that I did manage to run 4 days this week, I did not accomplish my mileage of 12 miles. I managed 10.1 miles this week. Hopefully, next week I’ll get caught up a bit
Swirlgear Ambassador – This week I was accepted as a Swirlgear Ambassador. I am super excited for this opportunity. If you are not familiar with Swirlgear, it is a small business based in Chicago that makes fabulous running clothing for women. All of the pieces are designed by women for women so the fit and function are perfect for the female runner. You can find more information about the company and buy the gear at Swirlgear.com
Morning Runner – I have become a morning runner. I absolutely hate getting up at 5:30am in order to run in the freezing cold and darkness, but I have to admit that I feel great the rest of the day and have more time at home in the evenings. After a week of trying this, my body is becoming accustomed to the early times so that is a plus
Social Media updates – I have finally got all my social media pages up and running. You can follow me and this blog at:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/divasrunforbling
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/divasrunbling
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/hsheinlein/divas-run-for-bling
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/hsheinlein
- Google Plus: my google plus profile can be found here
Goals for the Thanksgiving Week:
- Training: My main training goal is to get back on track this week and run the 13 miles that my training plan calls for.
- Runner’s World Holiday Streak – The RW Holiday Streak starts on Thursday. I will be running at least 1 mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. This should help with goal #1.
- Elf for Health – The Elf for Health Challenge has begun and I have a different challenge to complete each day. So for this week I will:
- Today: Meatless Monday
- Tomorrow: Unsubscribe from at least 3 email lists and catalogs
- Wednesday: Try a new workout
- Thanksgiving: Call someone you are thankful for and tell them
- Friday: Track my water intake
- Saturday: Treat myself to something I’ve been wanting
- Sunday: Complete 100 Burpees