So this week was pretty much a bust. I had every intention of getting up in the mornings and running this week. I also had every intention of running while away for the weekend in Virginia. That didn’t happen. The holidays are just so busy and my running just slipped off the priorities list. I am hoping that next week will show improvement. So to review this week:
- I ran 7 miles this week again. While this is better than nothing, I did not get my long run in this week. This puts me a little behind on my training but I am hoping to catch up a bit over the next few weeks as I will have time off work to run in actual daylight.
- My diet was shot this weekend. Though it was totally worth it to see my cousin get married in Virginia. I am just glad I don’t eat like that every weekend.
- I was accepted as a Feetures! ambassador. I am so excited for this opportunity as this is the only brand of socks I use while running. I look forward to reviewing some of the great products on this blog in the future.
- Elf for health – This week’s challenges:
- Monday: Do a circuit workout. I created a weight training & yoga workout to do after my runs.
- Tuesday: Pay it forward. As I wasn’t going to be in town this weekend, I went ahead and cleaned out my closet and got a bunch of clothing and shoes to donate to Goodwill.
- Wednesday: Pack a healthy snack for you and a friend. Well I always pack a healthy snack when I go to work – my fave protein bars by Oh Yeah Nutrition. Unfortunately, classes have let out for the semester so I was the only one in my office so no one to share with.
- Thursday: Do something for yourself. I took off work early and got a mani/pedi before my weekend getaway. I hadn’t had one since my cruise in July.
- Friday: Fastest mile. Totally didn’t do this one as I was on the road all day.
- Saturday: Clean out your closet and donate to Goodwill. See Tuesday above.
- Sunday: Plan your meals for the week. I always plan my meals for the week as it is a great way to save money and calories. I haven’t written it down yet though.
Goals for the coming week:
- I will run 5 days this week. I’m determined to do so.
- I want to get at least 13 miles in this week. I am planning to do a 4 mile long run on Sunday.
- I would love to PR the 5K I am doing on Saturday. This shouldn’t be too hard as my daily short runs have been much faster than the last time I ran a 5K. I am running with my cousin who is not a runner so we will see how this goes.
- Elf for Health Challenges this week:
- Monday: Get up early and meditate.
- Tuesday: Hold a wall sit as long as you can.
- Wednesday: Share your expertise.
- Thursday: Eat at least 3 food groups every meal.
- Friday: Share 6 things you love about yourself.
- Saturday: Set a new fitness goal.
- Sunday: Make a donation.
Lastly, I’d like to congratulate Laurel Cedarblade who won my bloghop giveaway of 1 box of Good Grab sized Oh Yeah Nutrition Protein bars. I have already contacted you by email and your bars are on the way!