Hello divas and happy hump day! I hope that you had a fabulous week last week and this week is going well so far. It’s Workout Wednesday here at Divas Run for Bling which means it is time for another edition of the Workout Wednesday November 5, 2014 Roundup and the WOW Linkup.
This past week was a quiet one for me. I know I should have done more workouts than I did, but I just didn’t have a whole lot of energy to do so. Also, I have a tough 2 weeks coming up so I figure taking it easy wouldn’t hurt my fitness level too much. I managed three days of short runs and a bit of strength training (though not as much as I would have liked – the story of my life 🙂 ) The time has also changed which is making me reevaluate when I work out due to shorter days.
Oh and there was Halloween which was super fun. The dog dressed up as Super Puppy and we handed out candy to the few trick or treaters we had this year (the weather was not the best). Which lead to excess candy that I will be honest and say I have dated quite a bit of. Thank goodness for my 5 ways to burn off Halloween candy post last Friday. I took my own advice a bit this weekend. So here is how my week turned out:
- Wednesday – rest day
- Thursday – short run (about 2 miles) & 15 minutes strength training
- Friday – rest day (Halloween!)
- Saturday – short run (about 2 miles) & 15 minutes strength training
- Sunday – rest day
- Monday – short run (about 2 miles)
- Tuesday – rest day (I voted)
My goals for this week is to survive my next half marathon, the Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon. I am excited about this race because I get to run through one of the historic Civil War battlefields close to Chattanooga. I also will be leaving for Vegas a week from tomorrow so I have very little recovery time between the Chickamauga race and the Vegas races. I want to run 3 days and get at least 2 of some sort of cross-training and strength training in.
Welcome to this week’s Workout Wednesday (WOW) Link Up!
Brought to you by your hostesses
Diatta Harris | Femme Fitale Fit Club and Sheila Simmons | The Frugal Exerciser.
Joining us are our co-hostesses:
Be sure to stop by BOTH of our co-hostess’ blogs as they are really cool and full of their fitness and running adventures so read some posts, leave some comments, share and subscribe so you receive regular updates. We are very happy to have them as co-hostesses.
Disclosure: Regardless of which blog you post your link, it will display on Femme Fitale Fit Club, The Frugal Exerciser, Eat Hard Work Hard, and Divas Run For Bling blogs.
How to Participate:
1. Follow, Like and/or Subscribe to your hostesses and co-hostesses:
- Diatta Harris (Femme Fitale Fit Club)| Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Sheila Simmons (The Frugal Exerciser) | Twitter | Facebook |subscribe via GFC or email.
- Amanda (Eat Hard Work Hard) | Blog | Twitter | Instagram
- Heather (Divas Run For Bling) | Blog | Twitter | Instagram
2. Post our badge on your site so folks “hear” about our weekly link up
3. Leave no more than 2 links to your blog, Facebook or YouTube post or video using the link up tool/button below
4. Invite your like-minded friends! We love finding and reading new blogs so spread the word so we can increase the size of our parties every week til we make the walls sweat!!!! I told ya we party hard! 🙂
5. Use hashtag #wowlinkup when you comment on someone’s post so they know how you found them
6. Last but definitely not least, HAVE FUN! This IS a party.