Hello divas and happy hump day! I hope that you are having a fabulous week so far. It is Wednesday again which means it is time for another Workout Wednesday here at Divas Run for Bling. It’s a time to recap my week and join the WOW Linkup with other health and fitness bloggers.
Last week was pretty light on the workout front mostly due to the fact that I have 4 races (3-5Ks and a half marathon) over the next couple of weeks. I ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Chattanooga in 44 minutes. This was a great time for me, only 3 minutes off my PR. Here is how the rest of my week went:
- Wednesday – normal rest day
- Thursday – took the day off (wedding dress shopping with my sister)
- Friday – ran 2 miles
- Saturday – another rest day (watched ALOT of football)
- Sunday – Race for the Cure 5K
- Monday – ran 2 miles
- Tuesday – off (date night)
Things to look forward to this week:
- Couch to 5K – I have decided to restart the Couch to 5K program for my short, midweek runs. The goal is to be able to run a 5K without stopping, hopefully also improving my long run times as well.
- Rise Up and Run 5K – I am super excited to run this race in Atlanta on Saturday morning. It takes place around the GA Dome (home of the Atlanta Falcons) and I even get to finish on the 50 yard line. Once again, my sister is running with me so there will be lots of fun to be had.
- 4 Bridges Half Marathon – Sunday morning will be my next half marathon. It is a more local race here in Chattanooga though there is also a full marathon as well. I did really well in my Nashville Half a few weeks ago so I am hoping to finish somewhere between 3:15 and 3:30.
- Fitness – With all the running and racing to be had, I realize I still have to find some cross-training time. I am hoping to do a few of the Shaun T. Focus T25 workouts that incorporate the dumbbells to work on my strength training a bit.
How was your week last week? Do you have any big plans this week?
[Tweet “check out my workout wednesday roundup and join the #wowlinkup via @divasrunbling”]
Welcome to this week’s Workout Wednesday (WOW) Link Up!
Brought to you by your hostesses
Diatta Harris | Femme Fitale Fit Club and Sheila Simmons | The Frugal Exerciser.
Joining us are our co-hostesses:
Please join us in welcoming Heather of Divas Run For Bling as one of our NEW CO-HOSTESSES!!!!!
Be sure to stop by BOTH of our co-hostess’ blogs as they are really cool and full of their fitness and running adventures so read some posts, leave some comments, share and subscribe so you receive regular updates. We are very happy to have them as co-hostesses.
Disclosure: Regardless of which blog you post your link, it will display on Femme Fitale Fit Club, The Frugal Exerciser, Eat Hard Work Hard, and Divas Run For Bling blogs.
How to Participate:
1. Follow, Like and/or Subscribe to your hostesses and co-hostesses:
- Diatta Harris (Femme Fitale Fit Club)| Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Sheila Simmons (The Frugal Exerciser) | Twitter | Facebook |subscribe via GFC or email.
- Amanda (Eat Hard Work Hard) | Blog | Twitter | Instagram
- Heather (Divas Run For Bling) | Blog | Twitter | Instagram
2. Post our badge on your site so folks “hear” about our weekly link up
3. Leave no more than 2 links to your blog, Facebook or YouTube post or video using the link up tool/button below
4. Invite your like-minded friends! We love finding and reading new blogs so spread the word so we can increase the size of our parties every week til we make the walls sweat!!!! I told ya we party hard! 🙂
5. Use hashtag #wowlinkup when you comment on someone’s post so they know how you found them
6. Last but definitely not least, HAVE FUN! This IS a party.